Almond Croissant – A recipe No Waste All Taste
Make delicious almond croissants from your yesterday's croissants! So easy to make, these ultimate sweet breakfast pastries are a safe bet and perfect with a hot coffee or latte.
Preparation: 10 min
Prepare the ingredients:
- Prepare the syrup by bringing the water and the sugar to a boil.
-Prepare the almond cream by beating together the softened butter, eggs, sugar, and the almond powder.
- Cut the croissant in two lengthways.
- Brush the inside of the croissant lightly with the syrup.
- Fill the croissants with almond cream (45 g), close and spread 5 g on the top of the croissant.
- Prepare the almond crunch by combining the sugar and sliced almonds, and binding with egg whites to achieve a sandy texture.
- Stick the almond crunch mixture to the cream on top of the croissant.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 170°C.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.